Invisalign® Torrance, CA
Appearance is not the only benefit of wearing Invisalign® for straighter teeth, since straighter teeth can also benefit one's oral health. In fact crooked teeth can trap food between them and lead to infection or bite issues. At SmileWell Family Dentistry, we offer Invisalign® as a treatment for patients interested in discreetly straightening their teeth.
Invisalign® is a series of clear aligner trays that cover the teeth, similar to a retainer or mouth guard, but are much more discreet. At least every two weeks or so, the patient will switch to the next set in the series of Invisalign trays. With the custom aligners for each patient, Invisalign® will gradually push the teeth into the right position without causing significant amounts of pain.
To begin, we will need to conduct a consultation and examination. This examination will involve reviewing the patient's medical history, current state of health, any pre-existing conditions or prescribed medications we need to know about and the position of the patient's teeth. We will then take a mold of the patient's teeth and measurements. With all of this information, we will send it to the lab to create the Invisalign® trays.
After creating the trays, we will then meet with the patient to ensure that they fit and that the patient understands all of the steps in the straightening process. It is important that the patient understand a few key factors about wearing Invisalign® on a regular basis.
Wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours per day
While the patient can remove Invisalign® trays when necessary, the patient will want to keep them in as much as possible. The longer the patient does not wear the trays for, the longer the entire process will take. Patients need to remove the aligner trays when eating and to brush the teeth.
Patients can also remove the aligner trays to play in a sports game, give a presentation, go on a date, or while taking a photo. It is important to at least rinse the mouth after eating to keep food from getting caught in the teeth.
Staying on schedule
Since we do not need to adjust Invisalign® aligners at our office as one might need to adjust braces, patients do not need to make as many checkup appointments. In fact, by customizing the aligner trays, we do not need to have the patient come in for regular orthodontic checkups.
The patient will be able to continue through each aligner tray and follow a schedule with no surprises. By following the schedule, the patient's teeth will continue to move into the proper position without pain.
Check out what others are saying about our Invisalign® services on Yelp: Invisalign® Torrance
Keep up regular oral hygiene
While wearing Invisalign®, patients will not have to brush and floss between brackets with difficulty. In fact, the patient will be able to brush and floss as normal by just removing the aligner trays. However, it is crucial that the patient brush after each meal to keep food from sticking between the teeth.
Food that is stuck in the teeth can also damage the aligners. It is important that patients do not wear the aligners while drinking soda or other beverages while wearing Invisalign® aligners. We recommend that patients only keep the aligners in when drinking water.
Customized for your teeth
We customize the Invisalign® aligners to fit the patient's teeth and then use programming technology to digitally map out the projected rate of movement for the patient. We will then build the rest of the clear aligners in the series. Each new set of aligners will be a bit closer to the correct position for straight teeth.
With a customized straightening treatment, patients do not need to worry about the aligners falling out or being loose. Since there is no one-size-fits-all treatment, we make sure that the trays are the right fit for each patient.
Discreet, efficient and easy to use
Invisalign® aligner trays are nearly invisible to the point that few people will notice them unless the individual mentions wearing them. Patients will not have to feel embarrassed by wearing traditional metal braces or a mess of wires in their mouth on a regular basis. Invisalign® allows for the patient to receive the straight smile they desire without the maintenance of going through braces treatment.
Patients will be able to feel confident in their smile during the straightening process. If you are interested in Invisalign® treatment, give us a call today and schedule an appointment. We will help you obtain the straight smile you have always wanted.
How do I get started with Invisalign®?
Call (310) 904-6375 and schedule a consultation with Dr. Hilario.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Invisalign® Terminology
- Aligner Trays
- With Invisalign® treatment, the patient will receive a series of aligner trays and swap out each one for the next one in the series every two weeks in order to gradually straighten the teeth.
- Blue Compliance Indicator (Invisalign® Teen)
- The blue compliance indicator is a small blue dot on the aligners that will fade from blue to clear in order to indicate if the patient is wearing the aligner for the proper amount of time and where the patient is in the Invisalign® process.
- ClinCheck® Software
- ClinCheck® software allows professionals to map out the straightening process the patient’s teeth will go through with Invisalign® in great detail.
- Gum Line
- The gum line is the line in the mouth where the teeth and gums meet. If a patient struggles with gum recession, then the gum tissue around the teeth may begin to wear away.
- Incisal Ridges
- Incisal ridges are the portion of the crown of the tooth that makes up the incisal portion and can be a direct cause of overbite if they are extended too far.
- iTero Element® Scanner
- An iTero Element® scanner allows professionals to create a 3D image of the patient’s teeth in minutes and predict what it will take to move the teeth into proper alignment.
- Malocclusion is the condition in which the upper and lower teeth do not meet properly when the bite is closed. Conditions of malocclusion can include overbite, underbite, crossbite and open bite; all of which are treatable with Invisalign®.
- An overbite is a type of malocclusion that occurs when the upper teeth jut out over the lower teeth, covering them and causing other issues.
- Polyurethane Resin
- Polyurethane Resin is a USP Class VI medical grade, high molecular weight compound that makes up the Invisalign® aligners.
- SmartForce Attachments
- SmartForce attachments are small attachments that professionals place on the patient’s teeth before placing aligners to help move the teeth.
- Smart Track® Material
- Smart Track® material is in Invisalign® aligners to increase comfort, improve control of movement, increases the speed of treatment and applies a gentle force to the teeth over time.
- Smile-Scan analyzes the way a patient smiles by measuring the position of the mouth and eyes before giving a score.
- Vivera® Retainers
- Vivera® retainers are a type of retainer that consists of clear plastic material and helps to maintain orthodontic corrections after a treatment.
Back to top of Invisalign
Invisalign® is a type of orthodontic treatment that can straighten your teeth. For those worried about the aesthetic appearance of braces, liners may be a more appealing solution for fixing a crooked or crowded smile.Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign uses a series of clear aligners that are discreet and nearly invisible from a distance. The…
For those seeking a straighter smile, Invisalign® is a popular and effective choice for dental patients of various ages. Using clear aligner trays, this system provides a more discreet treatment option, often with less discomfort and in less time than traditional braces. Straightening crooked teeth can result in a host of helpful benefits:Improved appearanceFewer headachesReduced…
For patients in need of orthodontic care for a variety of issues, such as tooth gaps, crooked teeth or misaligned bites, both Invisalign® and traditional braces are potential treatment options. While many people seek a straight answer to which one of these alternatives is ideal, there are several factors that determine which route is better…
Invisalign® provides you with a discreet way to improve the alignment of your teeth. It can be just as effective as straightening teeth with metal braces, and it offers a more comfortable approach to improving the alignment of teeth.Traditional metal braces have been used to straighten teeth for over a decade, but they are highly…